There’s something wonderful and comforting about the flavor combination of BBQ chicken. It’s comforting because it reminds me of a a BBQ with friends and family on a warm summer day. It’s wonderful because it’s tasty. Wonderful and comforting is a dynamite combination – and not because BBQ chicken is often spicy!
This is a recipe that you can enjoy all year round, because the chicken gets cooked in the oven. And, the skin still gets crispy, so if you like chicken skin, this one’s for you!
We usually enjoy this with mashed sweet potatoes. Look for our mashed sweet potato recipe next week!
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons BBQ rub (You can find this in the spice section of the grocery store.)
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Peel skin back from chicken.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tablespoon per chicken thigh directly on the meat.
- Replace the skin.
- Sprinkle the remaining rub (divided equally) on chicken skin.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Serve with BBQ sauce.
What will you have with your BBQ Roasted Chicken Thighs? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.