Sometimes you just want to play with your food. I’m talking about experimenting with flavor combinations, of course. If you’re a regular reader, you know that’s one of my favorite things to do. I love experimenting with flavors. You might not always come up with a winning combination, but sometimes you’ll discover tastebud gold! As far as experiementing goes, this one is pretty tame, but also very tasty. You’ll also have fun making your own pizza – and you can use this recipe as a basis to get into the kitchen and experiment with your own pizzas. Of course, cheese and pepperoni is a classic combinaiton for a reason.
Blue Cheese, Roasted Garlic, and Spinach Pizza
1/2 store bought pizza dough
3 tablespoons roasted garlic (jarred or homemade)
3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh spinach, packed
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan
- On a 14 inch cut of parchment paper, carefully stretch the dough into a 10-12 inch round. Don’t tear the dough.
- Optional: Place a pizza stone in the oven while it is preheating to 450 degrees.
- Top the dough evenly with the olive oil, roasted garlic, blue cheese, and black pepper.
- Add the spinach evenly.
- Add the mozzarella and Parmesan evenly.
- Note: If you do not want to use a pizza stone, use a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown, in a 450 degree oven.
Appetizer or main course? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.