Caprese Salad + Giveaway
We’ve got one more summer recipe to share with you before summer leaves us for another year. The key to this caprese salad is reducing the balsamic vinegar. The glaze gets sticky and stays on the tomatoes instead of running under them and all over the plate. Give this recipe a try, and enter below for a chance to win our first ebook for FREE! $25 value!
- 2 tomatoes
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 package fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and heat on medium heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the balsamic vinegar thickens slightly. It should reduce by 1/3 of original volume. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella. (Costco now sells presliced mozzarella cheese.)
- Arrange the tomatoes on a plate. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each tomato. Place 1 to 2 basil leaves on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle with the reduced balsamic glaze. Salt and pepper to taste.
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.