This meal is the kind of simple meal that tastes amazing, because it’s simple. Grilled chicken, grilled corn tortillas, cabbage, salsa, Mexican style sour cream, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro come together to create really bright, bold, and fresh flavors. It’s also really easy to throw together for a week night dinner. You can add your favorite hot sauce to elevate this dish even more!
- 2 Chicken breasts, grilled
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- Pickled jalapenos (about 16 slices)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill until it is done. (160 degrees)
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the cabbage into thin slices.
- While the chicken is resting, grill the corn tortillas. Spray the tortillas with nonstick spray, and grill for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Slice the chicken into strips.
- Build your taco by placing two corn tortillas on a plate. Add the chicken, cabbage, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, and cilantro.
These are perfect for a party or a low key night. When will you have yours? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.