Halloween is my favorite holiday. There’s something about the cool air, the movies about ghosts, goblins, and witches, and the spooky music that all come together for one spectacular holiday. The cute pumpkins and decorations add to the magic. And let’s not forget the fun costumes! You can dress up as anything you want to be. But the fun Halloween treats may be the best part of all. And speaking of those, we have some fun popcorn balls for you – complete with Halloween colors. This is a great recipe for a party, or just to eat all by yourself while passing out candy to those cute trick-or-treaters.
Happy Halloween everyone! Have a safe and fun holiday.
Halloween Popcorn Balls
This recipe is a variation on Ree Drummond’s popcorn balls.
8 cups popped popcorn (Need a recipe for stove-top popcorn? Check out this tasty popcorn recipe!)
1 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
4 tablespoons butter
2 6oz bags Reese’s Pieces
Optional: sprinkles for topping
1. Add the popcorn and Reese’s Pieces to a large bowl coated with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter and marshmallows on medium-high to high heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
3. Pour the marshmallow mixture into the bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Spray your hands with cooking spray and roll a handful of the mixture into a ball. Careful – the mixture is hot, so make sure it’s cool enough that it doesn’t burn your hands.
5. Place on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the sprinkles to the top of the popcorn balls. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.