How to Make Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Home
We’re right smack in the middle of fall now, and all the pumpkin-y goodness that comes with it. The Starbucks red cups are here and so are the lines of people waiting to get their drinks.
If there’s one thing I love about the Holidays, it’s waiting in line.
I hate waiting in line.
Did you know that you can make pumpkin spice lattes at home that are just as delicious? Maybe more?
Check out the recipe here. You won’t be disappointed.
Unless you like standing in line. And paying almost $5 for coffee.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Ingredients and Directions
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon allspice
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Add all ingredients to a small to medium sized bowl and stir until well mixed. If you use a bowl with a lid, you can put it right into the fridge for storage.
2 tablespoons pumpkin mix
1 part coffee
1 part whole milk
Note: You can estimate this part based on taste
1. Add the coffee to a microwave-safe mug.
2. Add the pumpkin mix to the mug and stir. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until hot.
3. Steam the milk in milk frother. If you don’t have a frother, heat the milk in the microwave until hot (about 1 minute).
4. Add the milk to the mug and stir. Top with ground nutmeg for a spicy touch.
Let us know where you drink pumpkin lattes in the comments!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.