How To Roast Garlic at Home
If you’ve never had homemade roasted garlic, you need to stop what you are doing right now, go to the store, buy the ingredients listed below, and roast garlic now. Ok, so that’s maybe a little extreme, but you should do it soon!
Roasted garlic is one of life’s greatest pleasures. The first time I ever had roasted garlic was after I had graduated college. I was living with a friend of mine and she made it one day. We used a knife to get the cloves out and we spread them on bread.
There are so many uses for roasted garlic. You just need to use your imagination and be a little creative. So get some tinfoil out and give it a try! You won’t regret it.
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 pinchs of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the tops of the garlic heads.
- Place the heads in a tin foil pouch.
- Top the garlic heads with the olive oil and salt, and seal the pouch.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the garlic is tender and easy to spread.
What will you put your roasted garlic on? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.