Lindsey’s Yogurt Blackberry Muffins
Lindsey’s Yogurt Blackberry Muffins:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Makes 24 regular muffins, or 12 large muffins.
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup turbinado sugar or sugar in the raw
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups 0% fat free yogurt
¼ cup honey
6 tablespoons butter
½ tablespoon lemon juice (very important for the baking soda)
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries (do not thaw if frozen)
1. Coat muffin tin (12 muffins) with nonstick spray.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a medium size bowl.
3. In another medium size bowl, whisk yogurt, butter (at room temp.), honey (spray your measuring cup with nonstick spray before you measure your honey. This keeps the honey from sticking to the cup.), lemon juice, and egg together.
4. In a small bowl, add the blackberries, and lightly coat them with a small amount of whole wheat flour.
5. Add your wet mixture slowly into the dry mixture, and mix well. The mixture will be thick. Then slowly fold the blackberries into the mixture, careful not to break up the berries.
6. Once mixed, spoon into the muffin tin, filling the cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle a small amount of the sugar in the raw onto the top of each cup.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.