I love two things in one thing. I think most people do. Centaurs, Pert Plus, chicken and waffles, transformers, choose-your-own-ending book. These are all awesome things. This recipe is also two things in one. It’s mashed potatoes. But it’s a sweet potato. So which one is it? It’s both!
This intriguing and tasty side dish is both healthy and delicious. It’s sweet and savory. It’s so many things in one thing. Enjoy!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons Maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons milk
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
2. Add the potatoes to boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes or until tender.
3. Strain the potatoes in a colander in the sink.
4. Add the potatoes, maple syrup, butter, milk, and salt and pepper to a bowl or stand mixer and thoroughly beat until smooth.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Strain the potatoes in a colander in the sink.
- Add the potatoes, maple syrup, butter, milk, and salt and pepper to a bowl or stand mixer and thoroughly beat until smooth.
What will you have with your mashed sweet potatoes? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.