Peach Muffin Bars
Have you ever tried to do something that hasn’t turned out the way you thought it would?
This something turns out completely different, yet still awesome? It’s kind of like writing a paper that naturally progresses in a different direction. Failing at something only to get a better result because of the failure. Or marrying a blond when you always thought you would marry a brunette. (And yes, I am speaking about myself.)
I’ll be honest, this recipe was kind of an accident, but I love the way it turned out! I’ve invented a new thing, because it’s basically a muffin in a cake pan. And it’s just so “peachy!” This is great for a brunch.
Peach Muffin Bars
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 oz frozen peaches, thawed
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
9 Servings, 242 calories, 3.5g fat, 46.2g carbohydrates, 6.8g protein, 540mg sodium
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl (excluding the brown sugar).
2. Mix wet ingredients and brown sugar in a separate bowl until well incorporated.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and fold together until well incorporated. Set aside.
4. Melt the butter and add to the baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar on top of the melted butter, and add the peaches.
5. Pour the muffin batter on top of the peaches. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until done. A toothpick, when inserted, should come out clean.
What’s your favorite type of muffin? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.
1 thought on “Peach Muffin Bars”
Peachy up-side down cake!