Lettuce, fruit, nuts, and cheese.
I get a little nerdy when I talk about salad with fruit and cheese on it. Why is this such a magical combination of flavors? I’m not sure, but I know that it is. Maybe it’s the contrast of creamy cheese, rich nuts, crunchy salad, and sweet fruit. But don’t take my word for it.
This salad is designed to be prepared ahead, to save time. If you are making one serving at a time, slice the pears as you need them.
Pear Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad
2 heads of romaine
1 1/4 cup walnuts
1 cup Gorgonzola cheese
1. Chop the romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces, and add about 1 cup to a plate or bowl.
2. Slice the pears, and add about 1/2 cup to the plate.
3. Add 1/4 cup walnuts to the plate.
4. Add 1/5 of the Gorgonzola cheese to the plate.
5. Top with your favorite dressing.
- 2 heads of romaine
- 4 pears
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- Chop the romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces, and add about 1 cup to a plate or bowl.
- Slice the pears, and add about 1/2 cup to the plate.
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts to the plate.
- Add 1/5 of the Gorgonzola cheese to the plate.
- Top with your favorite dressing.
What’s your favorite cheese to put on top of a salad? Let us know in the comments section.
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.