Raspberry Balsamic Chicken
Ever had so much of something that you don’t know what to do with it all? We seem to have an abundance of raspberries. I often find myself trying to incorporate raspberries into recipe that I normally wouldn’t. This recipe started as a variation on a barbecue sauce. I thought that the acidity of the raspberries would blend well with the balsamic vinegar. I quickly discovered that it needed some sweetness, and the honey did the job well. I have used this sauce on chicken, but I assume it would work equally well on pork. You can definitely taste the raspberries in the finished product, which is really what I was going for. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
[Tweet “The acidity of the raspberries blends well with the balsamic vinegar. “]
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine raspberries, vinegar, honey, ketchup, garlic salt, and black pepper in a sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in 1/4 cup sauce + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- Grill chicken 4 – 5 minutes per side, basting with extra sauce often.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!
What will you serve with your Raspberry Balsamic Chicken? Let us know in the comments section!