Remember moving into your first home or apartment? Remember the freedom you felt? The excitement of independence? You felt powerful because the decisions were yours alone. You decided where your furniture went, how late you stayed up, how late you stayed out, what you ate, who visited you, and what you watched on T.V. Cleanliness was now in your hands at last, and you could live in filth if you wanted.
Moving is a busy time, and Jeff and I are almost up to our elbows, as we purchase our first home. This is a super easy recipe that you can whip up in no time, perfect for when you are busy. Add to gyros or, one of our favorites, salmon burgers. (Hint: easy gyros coming next week!)
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes, set time: 25 hours
1 English cucumber
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
1 clove of garlic, chopped
32 oz Greek yogurt
1. Peel the cucumber and spoon out the seeds.
2. Grate the cucumber and add to a medium sized bowl.
3. Lightly drain the extra juice from grated cucumber.
4. Add the vinegar, salt, dill, and garlic to the bowl, and stir.
5. Let sit for one hour.
6. Stir in the yogurt. Let sit for 24 hours.