*This post contains affiliate links, which means we will make a small commission if you purchase any of the products listed, but we only recommend products that we use and love.
We’ve been on a breakfast kick here lately, and I’m really excited about this recipe I have for you, because it’s soooooo tasty! I think that I may require green onions to be in my fridge at all times, because they add a TON of flavor.
And I also think that every quiche recipe should require green onions.
I baked these babies up on Sunday, stored them in the fridge at work, and ate them all week. A glorious week it was. Quiche is so versatile.
It’s one of these dishes that you can add whatever you want to it, because it’s really hard to mess up. If you’re in the mood for a meatless quiche, add an extra egg white and 1/2 cup of cheese.
Ham and Cheese Mini Quiches
10 oz pie crust (2oz for each mini quiche)
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup onion
1 egg white
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup green onion
1 cup ham steak, chopped
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Roll out homemade or store bought pie crust and separate/cut into six sections (roughly 2 oz each). Place dough into mini pie tins and reshape if necessary. Line each cup with foil and beans, and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and beans, and bake for 5 more minutes.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a saucepan and heat on medium high. Add the onion, and cook until golden brown.
4. Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
5. If you are concerned about too much moisture in your ham, cook it in a pan for about 5 minutes. This step is optional, but it can also add extra flavor.
6. Add onion, ham, cheese and green onions evenly into the bottom of each mini pie crust.
7. Add the egg mixture to the pie crusts evenly, careful not to overfill the pie crusts.
8. Lower the oven temperature to 350. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the quiche is cooked and set.
9. Let cool and enjoy or store in the fridge for a week’s worth of breakfasts. To reheat, cook in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until hot in the middle (about a minute). This quiche is also good cold.
This recipe is adapted from Weight Watchers Cheese Quiche.
6 servings, 366 Calories, 19.4g Fat, 36.4g Carbohydrates, 12.2g Protein, 832 milligrams sodium
What’s your favorite kind of quiche? Let us know in the comments section.
I love my nonstick Wilton mini pie pan. I find myself collecting a lot of Wilton products, as they are high quality, sturdy and heavy duty baking products.
To get this product, click on the link below:
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.